« Home | Kimono Fabric Necklaces » | Kimono Fabric Silk Scarves » | Uchikake! » | Kimono Fabric Clutch Purses » | Kimono Fabric Shoulder Bags » | Kimono Fabric Hobo Bags! » | Birthday Present for my Niece » | Fun Items » | Featured in East West Woman! » | Puchi Updates » 

26 October, 2005

Victorian Cameo Brooch From Kimono Fabric

In addition to my deep love of traditional Japanese clothing and textiles - I also adore Victorian era clothing and accessories. I had been wondering how I could combine my two loves into one for quite some time and I decided to give it a go:



It is made from three different fabrics - two obi brocades and the brown rinzu which dates back to late Meiji / early Taisho era. The lace is vintage and it is accented by faux pearl strings.

I'm quite happy with the look of this - I think we'll be seeing some of these popping up on PuchiMaiko very soon!



E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Add a comment