« Home | Fun Items » | Featured in East West Woman! » | Puchi Updates » | PuchiMaiko Updated with Fabric » | Yukata Fun » | Free Japanese Sewing Patterns » | New Kimono Fabric » | Chidori Obi! » | New Kanzashi and other goodies! » | Kanoko Shibori Dear » 

01 October, 2005

Birthday Present for my Niece

It was my niece's 3rd birthday today and I decided to make her a gift with PuchiMaiko flair!

I decided not to make her an outfit using vintage kimono fabric because as we all know - 3 year old kids like to play and get dirty, so I used contempoary fabric. I wanted cute, but "adult" type fabric so I purchased some beautiful green suiting that had tuffs of yellow, pink and blue scattered through-out. Because I only had her waist measurement, I decided to make her a skirt and a matching bag. I had some lace that was in excellent condition, so I hemmed the skirt and bag with it. I did use juban fabric to line the bag though - I figured it would be safe there!

Skirt:


The Bag:


Lining of the Bag:

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

i love ur fabrice..i own have sum kimono, old traditional chinese, and cambodian fabric. which i will put up later in my new collections...but just to kno that their is so any other other who enjoy creative arts and craft lights my heart..:)

Add a comment