« Home | Kimono Fabric Silk Scarves » | Uchikake! » | Kimono Fabric Clutch Purses » | Kimono Fabric Shoulder Bags » | Kimono Fabric Hobo Bags! » | Birthday Present for my Niece » | Fun Items » | Featured in East West Woman! » | Puchi Updates » | PuchiMaiko Updated with Fabric » 

20 October, 2005

Kimono Fabric Necklaces

I made a few more kimono fabric necklaces and updated the store with them. I used the same concept as before - but I experimented a little bit with the style of them. I'm very happy with these.


Flat View Close Up


Flat View Close Up


Flat View Close Up


Flat View Close Up


Flat View Close Up



Flat View Close Up



Flat View Close Up

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

I have a question ... who taught you how to sew? was it someone in south florida who gives lessons? there is absolutely NO ONE(!) up here who gives lessons except for bernina sewing which is $50 per lesson and not even one-on-one.

Hi there. I grew up in a household where my mother sewed most of my clothing when I was younger - I taught myself from a young age how to sew on both a machine and hand sewing. I also did sewing in highschool - but...I already knew how to sew by then.

I don't think you need to pay $50 for sewing lessons. My advice is to spend that money and get a cheap but decent machine (Singer or Brother models around $100-$150 range are good for beginners). The manaul that comes with the machine should have instructions on how to thread the machine - and basic sewing tips. Just get scrap/cheap fabric and practice with with making simple things with straight lines and take it from there.

With sewing - practice really does make perfect. Don't let mistakes stop you or upset you (I still make tons of mistakes - and I've been sewing for years!).

There are also a few good books out there about basic sewing techniques that would help you get a kick start. I'd do a search on Amazon.com and read some reviews about basic sewing books and purchase the best reviewed one or see if your library has it.

I hope that helps and good luck! Just keep trying and don't give up...that is seriously the key to learning :)

Naomi~

Add a comment